WEDDINGS & MARITAL SERVICES
Havering Islamic Centre is now approved by the Home Office to conduct marriages.
The process is as follows for Havering residents:
- Go to Langtons House (Billet Lane, Hornchurch, RM11 1XL) to ‘give notice of marriage’ to the local Registrar. (Tel: 01708 433 481) – click here for information
- The Registrar will perform checks and issue a blue certificate to confirm their permission for the civil ceremony to go ahead (a period of 16 days is required to lapse to give people time to object). Nikkah is not possible without this blue certificate.
- Inform the registrar that you wish to be married at Havering Mosque. The Registrar will give a date they can attend (fees: Monday – Friday: £510. Saturday: £610)
- The bride & groom will attend the wedding at Havering Mosque where the local Registrar will be present to witness the Nikkah and hear the legally binding contract between the couple
- Havering Mosque will issue a Nikkah certificate
- The Registrar will issue a marriage certificate
For more information, please contact the centre:
Telephone: 01708 741 333
Mobile: 07708 326 267 (Brother Rafi)